I don’t know about you, but my ghd hair straighters are a core part of my ‘take to a desert island’ list. My hair naturally has quite a wave and without a proper blowdry it goes quite frizzy. For me, ghd’s were a game changer! For many years now, my hair has been sleek and manageable without any of those bad hair freak out nightmares!
In more recent years, I’ve used my ghd styler to create not just sleek straight looks but also other styles – from curls to up do’s. Rather fittingly, ghd have recently launched a new section of their website to give inspiration for hairstyles. They’ve put together a fab collection with lots of different styles, with images and videos of different on-trend styles, special occasion looks and various celeb styles.
I’ve been tasked by ghd to create a hair how-to on one of these styles, using their ghd IV styler from their new limited edition candy collection. The candy styler comes in 3 fab bright shades – violet, lemon and mint.
I’ve used my lovely cousin Leigh as a hair model as she’s got nice long locks – and mine has recently been bobbed! From ghd’s hair inspiration page, I’ve recreated this plaited up-do as seen on the gorgeous Charlize Theron.
And here’s the simple steps I used to recreate the up-do…
2. Run the hair straighter over the top layer of hair to ensure it is sleek when put up
4. Plait each hair section and secure with a thin hair band, ideally the same colour as the hair
5. Decide which side of the head you will create the up-do on, then pull the furthest plait across the others and wrap underneath the other two. You can secure underneath with a hair pin or kirby grip. Wrap each of the other two plaits around the others – doesn’t have to be really neat, just so the 3 plaits are secure across each other with hair pins around the outside
6. Then hide the ends with the hair band underneath with hair pins.
7. With any shorter layers or side fringe at the front, run the straighters over to ensure they are sleek and secure these back with pins, giving the style a bit more texture.
8. Add some hairspray to keep it secure and you’re done!
I’ve kept the style quite loose to be a more relaxed up do, but you could easily make it slightly tighter or higher up like Charlize at her red carpet event!
To get your own hair inspiration from ghd, take a look at their hair inspirations section of the website.
GHD Candy styler gifted by GHD.