Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon used Moroccanoil products to create this stunning 40’s inspired up-do for the Autumn / Winter 2013 Carolina Herrera collection and here’s a step-by-step of how to create the look.
How to get the look:
- Spray Moroccanoil Heat Styling Protection throughout the hair to prepare for blow-drying and for a soft, natural-looking hold. If you have fine hair, work in Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and then blow-dried hair straight.”
- Apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to create a beautiful modern sheen, for styling control, and to help make the look sleek and perfect, using more at the roots and top of hair as the style so close to the head.
- Part your hair down the middle to create two sections, and a third, that starts behind the ear, up to the crown, and down to behind the ear on the other side.
- After lightly backcombing (about 2 inches from the root) take each front part, roll it very tightly, and pin the roll at its seam as well as behind the ear.
- Take the strands remaining at the end of the rolls, twist and crisscross them at ear level and pin to serve as a focal point to secure hair that is rolled up from the remaining back section.
- Raise the back sections slightly above the nape, roll them tight but a bit wider than in the front, then tuck them in and pin
- Use a bit more Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream on your fingers and apply it to any flyways or loose strands, so that the hair stays sleek and perfect.
- To finish lightly mist Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for extra luminosity and shine.
Carolina Herrera Fall / Winter 2013 Collection (NYFW)
Hair by Orlando Pita of Orlo Salon for Moroccanoil
Photos by David Webber for Moroccanoil