Redken Global Styling Director Guido created a gorgeous loose chignon with plenty of volume and texture for the Rag & Bone show at NYFW and I’ve got all the info for a quick hair how-to!
How to create the Look:
- Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volumizing foam to damp hair from roots to ends.
- Create a deep, clean low side part.
- Rough blow dry with fingers to create a very natural texture.
- When fully dry, add Redken powder refresh dry shampoo throughout
- Drag hair together into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck and secure with elastic.
- Apply Redken quick tease 15 backcoming finishing spray to the ponytail and twist into a loose knot, securing with pins and letting a the “wispy” ends come out.
- “Soften” the whole look by pulling the hair up a bit at the crown, not too exaggerated but to add a little height.
Guido said of the look he created:
“This look is really very fitting for the Rag + Bone girl, it’s a little bit Edie-Sedgwick inspired but it’s not too exargerated. It’s got a tomboy feeling, but it also has a certain softness to it… Creating the low side part and then sweeping the hair over the forehead ultimately gives it a feminine feel.”
Redkin products used:
- guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam ($38)
- powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo ($36)
- quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray ($36)
Photos Courtesy of Charles Sykes for Redken.