Redken Global Styling Director Guido created a soft, romantic Sicilian up-do inspired by an “Italian princess” for Dolce & Gabbana at Milan Fashion Week 2013.
Guido said of the look;
“This elegant style is another variation of the Dolce & Gabbana woman this season, playing on that Sicilian idea of softness, romance, and a certain cinematic, womanly beauty. I took inspiration from the idea of an iconic woman with a kind of natural Italian allure- think the actress Sofia Loren or the women in the 1960 film la Dolce Vita. There’s a natural ease to her beauty, she’s sexy but in a conservative way. It’s not at all a messy look, and it’s all about the details – I wanted it to have shine, but to not at all look greasy – just a soft, glossy finish.”
How to get the look:
- Apply Redken guts 10 root targeted volume spray foam to damp hair from roots to ends and blow-dry with a round brush.
- Add Redken quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to the crown section by section, holding each section for a few seconds to let it dry before moving onto the next.
- After the Redken quick tease 15 has dried completely, backcomb hair with an oval boar bristle brush for light, airy volume throughout the crown.
- Create a very small (1 inch) part that’s slightly off center and then gently brush hair from front to back starting behind the 1-inch parted section in front, folding into a chignon flat against the head at the nape of the neck and securing with pins.
- Spray style with Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist for a glossy finish.
Photos Courtesy of Charles Sykes for Redken.