A wee while back I told you all about the new Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks, which are a hydrating sheer lipshine and promised to show you swatches as soon as I could…
Well I popped into Smith and Caughy in Auckland on the weekend to see what I thought of them in real life and to test them out! When I first read all the info on the Chanel Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks I thought they sounded right up my alley… I’m much more comfortable wearing lip gloss, rather than lipstick and there are such lush-looking colours in the Rouge Coco Shine range I couldn’t wait to choose one!
I ended up swatching 9 of the Rouge Coco Shine lippies (all the ones I thought looked interesting!). All of the Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks have a sheer lipgloss finish, but they do have varying levels of intensity. They feel nice and smooth on your lips and give a really good shine without being sticky. The darker colours last as well! I ended up with Aventure, which lasted well on my lips, but some of the darker colours that I swatched on my arm lasted for hours!
And here are some close ups of the Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick swatches….
- 48 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Évasion – a delicate but still quite bright peach lipstick/ lipgloss
- 41 – Chanel Rouge Coco Canotier – a super pale beigey gold lipstick/ lipgloss with a slight shimmer
- 54 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Boy – a rosey copper lipstick/ lipgloss
- 57 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Aventure – a pink lipstick / lipgloss with a gold shimmer
- 45 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Misia – a slightly coppery apricot lipshine, very similar to Évasion, but with a bit of extra copper
- 42 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Biarritz – quite a dark amber beige lipstick/ lipgloss
- 56 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Chance – a bright candy-pink lipstick/ lipgloss
- 60 – Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Antigone – a bright plum pinky-red lipstick/ lipgloss
The one that I liked the best and thought I would wear the most (v. important when you’re shelling out so much money for a lippie!) is Aventure – it is the perfect level of pink shimmer for my fairly pale colouring.
I thought that I would love the Rouge Coco Boy lipshine – Vanessa Paradis is wearing Boy in the Rouge Coco Shine ads, but it was too beige for my liking.
So Chanel being Chanel, the Rouge Coco Shine lipstick/ lipshine/ lipglosses don’t come cheap… the RRP for Chanel Rouge Coco Shine is $53 in New Zealand and £22.50 in the UK, but if you feel like treating yourself and like me are a lipgloss lover – these are gorgeous!
You can buy Chanel makeup online at boots.com