Now I do realise that it is the start of winter, so may be a little premature to be writing about Spring/ Summer nail polishes, but OPI have released a preview of their new Texas Spring Summer 2011 nail polish collection… Unfortunately I had to turn down OPI’s invite to the launch event of these polishes (work – it’s just so inconventient isn’t it!), so I haven’t seen them in real life yet, but I am absolutely itching to get my hands on some of these beautiful colours!
There are 12 nail polishes in the Texas collection with a mix of finishes and textures, the first 4 are:
- San Tan-tonio nail polish – pale mushroom beige nail polish – that OPI describe as a “honey tan”
- Y’all Come Back Ya Hear? – bright tangerine orange nail polish
- Guy meets Gal-veston – bright coral pink nail polish
- Big Hair… Big Nails – rosy blush nail polish
Out of these 4 the one that I am the most keen to try is Y’All Come Back Ya Hear? – this looks like such a gorgeous bright spring shade, right up my alley and the two pink shades look pretty fab as well. From the pic San Tan-tonio looks a bit too similar to all of the beigey nail polishes that I ended up trying when Chanel Particuliere was all the rage and I was trying to find cheaper alternatives (probably spent the same amount as 5 bottles of Particuliere in the process!)
The next 4 nail polishes in the Texas Spring Summer nail polish collection are:
- Too Hot Pink to Hold ‘Em – bright pink nail polish
- Do you Think I’m Tex-y – berry pink nail polish
- Houston We Have a Purple – purple nail polish
- Suzi Loves Cowboys – deep chocolate brown nail polish
None of these pinks immediately jumps out at me as being amazing as I already have a ridiculous amount of bright pink nail polishes in my collection! I do really like the look of Suzi Loves Cowboys though – I don’t have a decent dark chocolate brown and this one looks gooooorgeous! I will definitely be getting this as soon as I can!
The last 4 nail polishes in the Texas collection are:
- I Vant to Be A-Lone Star – silver blue nail polish
- It’s Totally Fort Worth It – shimmery lavendar grey nail polish
- Austin-tatious Turquoise – Blue green shimmer nail polish
- Don’t Mess with OPI – grass green nail polish
I love the look ot It’s Totally Fort Worth It, think it just looks and from the description sounds, so pretty. I’m also quite intrigued to see the Don’t Mess with OPI nail polish – I’m yet to find a bright green nail polish I really like and this could be it? The Austin-tatious Turquoise nail polish looks more teal than turqoise and seems quite similar to Ski Teal we Drop from the OPI Swiss Collection nail polishes.
So, overall I’m really interested to see a few of these colours from the OPI Texas Spring Summer 2011 nail polish collection – Y’all Come Back Ya Hear?, It’s Totally Fort Worth It and Suzi Loves Cowboys… unfortunately the Texas collection isn’t available until February 2011!
In the mean time if you need a bit of an OPI fix, I can highly recommend the OPI Burlesque nail polish collection! You can click through to see my swatches…
You’ll be able to buy the OPI Texas Collection online from lena white from February 2011