I popped into Selfridges after work today to pick up a bottle of OPI Red my Fortune Cookie for my Mum, because after having a mani-pedi she completely fell in love with it! Well a trip to the OPI counter at Selfridges is always dangerous and this time was no exception – I walked out after buying not 1 but 4 OPI nail polishes! Two of the polishes I bought are from the OPI Swiss collection, which is the Autumn/ Winter collection.
Here is the first of OPI Swiss Collection nail polishes – Yodel me on my Cell nail polish…
Oooh this is lovely! I have been looking to expand my darker nail polish collection for Winter and Yodel me on my Cell nail polish is a stunning jewel blue colour. I had to use 4 coats to get the opaque finish I like though… after 3 coats the tips of my nails were still a little bit transparent.
The next of the Swiss Collection nail polishes I chose was Cuckoo for this Colour…
OPI Cuckoo for this Color is a beautiful deep shimmering green colour – kind of racing car green. I really, really like this colour! Cuckoo for this Color is a little bit thicker than Yodel me on my Cell, so I used 3 coats to get an absolutely even opaque finish.
There are 12 nail polishes all together in the OPI Swiss Collection and tonnes of the colours are really lovely! Some of them I’m not so sure about…
Here’s a list of the colours:
- Diva of Geneva – a bright pink- red nail polish
- Ski Teal We Drop – this looked much, much darker blue in real life than it does in the bottle
- Color So Hot It Berns – fabulous red nail polish (decided I didn’t really need one more red nail polish!)
- Cuckoo For this Color – as above! Lovely shimmering dark green nail polish
- Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous – a metallic silver nail polish
- William Tell Me About OPI – super dark purple (looks black) nail polish
- Yodel Me On My Cell – as above lovely jewel blue nail polish
- From A to Zurich – pinky red nail polish
- Glitzerland – metallic golden nail polish
- I’m Suzi & I’m A Chocoholic – rich brown nail polish (not my cup of tea)
- Just A Little Rosti At This – pinky red nail polish (pretty similar to From A to Zurich!)
- The Color to Watch – pale shimmery purple-ish nail polish (not a huge fan of this one)
I bought my OPI Swiss Collection – Yodel me on my Cell & Cuckoo for this Color nail polish from Selfridges, but if you want to buy it online you can buy the OPI Swiss collection nail polish online at lookfantastic.com
Also if you go to OPI.com there is a cute OPI Swiss collection game you can play! Be warned it’s pretty addictive – me and the boyfriend got very competitive playing it!